Well, it was Saturday night and we had decided to eat Japanese food directly ordered from a Take Away Restaurant. Ranveig (my sister) was about to get my niece to bed when some kids rang on the door to sing Christmas songs. Arvind (my brother in law) opened the door, listened to "We wish you a Merry Christmas" and all of the sudden Sam (the dog) ran out of the door and straight out on the street. A car came and he was hit. I was in my room hearing Arvind shouting, trying to calm Sam down. My father ran out, my sister as well and everybody were trying to calm down Sam. About 20 neighbors gathered around saying that the dog was in shock. That's why he bit all the three of them. I watched everything first from the window and then with Siri on my lap from the inside downstairs.
It ended up with the three going to the Emergency Hospital to take a tetanus vaccine and me trying to get Siri to bed, for the first time without her mother. After watching Fireman Sam and Postman Pat in 15 different languages and singing 20 different Christmas and good night songs I smelled something weird. Hmm, where was Sam? I went out and I found Sam in my bed, half covered in shit. I went into the bathroom and found the source of the smell.. There it was, on the middle of the floor, a Sam shit. I had to clean the bathroom and see if Sam was OK. He seemed fine, but very sad. I got Siri to sleep (olé!), washed Sam and went down in the living room. My sister called and told me that they would stay for some hours more. She told me to eat the sushi. So I did.. Alone on a Saturday night, eating sushi, watching Love Actually with a dirty and reduced dog in my bed, a sleeping niece in another and with three family members at the Emergency Hospital. When the clock turned 5.30 and I had read the Economist and started on my exam material, I decided to go to bed (Sam had left my bed and I had changed bed linen some hours before). One hour later the three of them came home with bandage on their hands after spending 8 hours at the Emergency Hospital.
Now, I have to do all the dishes due to the three disabled people I'm going to celebrate Christmas with. Sam is fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment